- Category: Fast Fabulous Feasts
- Published on Wednesday, 11 May 2016 06:00
- Hits: 669
Slowly but surely, it seems like winter is making its way - and few things are more important than getting your healthy vegetable "Soup on", once winter is here in full force.
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 yellow onion
- 3 carrots,
- 3 celery stalks
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 2 tsp salt, plus more to taste
- 236.59 ml red lentils
- 118 5/17 ml dry quinoa
- 118.29 cl water
- 751.26 g box of chopped tomatoes
- 473.18 ml chopped kale
- Melt the coconut oil in a large pot over medium heat and sauté the onions, carrots, and celery until tender, about 8 minutes. Add in the minced garlic and sauté another minute, just until fragrant. Add in the cumin, ginger, turmeric, salt, lentils, quinoa, water, and tomatoes and bring the soup to a boil. Once boiling, lower the heat and cover the pot to let everything simmer until the lentils are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Once the lentils and vegetables are very tender, stir in the chopped kale and cook until it’s wilted, just a few minutes. Season with additional salt, if desired, and serve warm. Leftovers can be stored in the fridge for up to 4 days.