- Category: Fast Fabulous Feasts
- Published on Wednesday, 04 May 2016 06:00
- Hits: 659
This recipe only has 4 ingredients if you can believe it! The prep is so minimal it almost feels like cheating. and then the taste… well, you will just have to take my word for it. Savor every bite!
To make this takes minutes. Trim your chicken breast and lay them in a glass baking dish. Spread about 1-2 tablespoons of prepared pesto (I like the Kirkland brand at Costco, but it all works!) Slice 1-2 roma tomatoes into 1/2″ thick slices and lay them on top of the pesto. Sprinkle mozzarella (or Italian blend cheese) over the whole thing. I like to use the Frigo mozzarella and just grate a bit for the top, but to make it even easier just use pregrated. Bake at 400˚F for 30-40 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the juices run clear.
- 3-4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 4-6 Tablespoons Prepared Pesto
- 1-2 Roma Tomatoes
- 1 Cup Mozzarella Cheese, grated
- Trim the chicken and lay them in a glass baking dish in a single layer.
- Spread 1-2 tablespoons of the pesto on top of each chicken breast.
- Cut the roma tomatoes into slices approx ½" thick and lay 2 slices on top of each chicken breast.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the top of the chicken breasts.
- Bake at 400?F for 30-40 minutes or until the chicken is done and the juices run clear.
- Serve over a bed of rice or a plate of pasta. Enjoy!