- Category: Fast Fabulous Feasts
- Published on Wednesday, 27 April 2016 06:00
- Hits: 567
Who needs an easy and delicious dinner idea? Well, today is your lucky day! Schnitzel is one of those dishes that for some reason always seemed intimidating to me… until I made it. Now, it is a staple at our house! This easy chicken schnitzel recipe totally fills my comfort food craving every time! In the summer months I pair it with fresh veggies or cut it into strips on a salad, and in the winter it’s great with corn and mashed potatoes! Either way, it’s a winner!
- 2 large eggs
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon parsley flakes
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumbs (about 3 slices of white bread)
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 4 chicken breasts, pounded to an even 1/4 inch thickness
- olive oil
- Leave three slices of white bread out to dry if you are making your own breadcrumbs (highly recommend).
- In a small bowl, add eggs, garlic, parsley and salt and pepper and beat until combined.
- Pulse bread slices into the blender until they are crumbs.
- Add crumbs and Parmesan cheese to a small bowl.
- Pound your chicken until it is about 1/4 inch think all around. I put mine in a large zip lock bag or between two pieces saran wrap and pound with a big glass mug I have.. use what you've got!
- Dip your chicken into your egg mixture, and then directly in crumb mixture.
- Heat some olive oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat, chicken is finished when it is golden brown and cooked through (about three minutes on each side).