- Category: Fast Fabulous Feasts
- Published on Wednesday, 13 April 2016 06:00
- Hits: 674
Baked Garlic Parmesan Chicken is one of those everyone-should-know-how-to-make recipes. It’s easy and comes together quickly. In fact, it’s hard to mess up!
What to cook when You don’t have time to cook ? You know the feeling when you get home after a long day, it can be really hard to figure out how to cook healthy meals when you still have a million things to do and all you want to do is lie on the couch.
With 5 minutes of prep time and around 40 minutes of baking time – it’s totally true and totally amazing, making this dinner is probably even less work than going out or getting takeout, and– HELLO! It’s Chicken breasts, garlic, parmesan and bread crumbs baked in the oven with a drizzle of mayonnaise! What’s not to love?!
- ½ cup Mayonnaise
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast cutlets.
- 4-5 teaspoons Italian seasoned dry bread crumbs
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- pinch of salt
- ½ teaspoon lemon pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a small bowl combine mayo, garlic powder, and parmesan cheese.
- Moisten chicken breasts with water and lay on baking sheet (I line my baking sheet with parchment paper to make clean up easy)
- Divide the mayonnaise mixture evenly among the chicken, just spreading it across the top of each piece, and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, remove from oven and sprinkle bread crumbs on each piece of chicken.
- Return to oven and bake for additional 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked thoroughly and juices run clear.
- Tops will be browned and chicken will be incredibly juicy.
- You can also finish them off under the broiler for a minute or two to get them extra browned on top.
- Serve with a veggie like these delicious fresh broccoli that I steamed.
- Season with a dash of fresh parsley, if desired.