- Category: Fast Fabulous Feasts
- Published on Wednesday, 09 March 2016 06:00
- Hits: 741
The key here is to slice the sweet potato into pretty thin ribbons so they don’t take longer to cook than the rest of the toppings. I used just a regular vegetable peeler.
Serves: 4 small pizzas, customizable
- part of a sweet potato, peeled into ribbons
- 4 mini naan breads (I used these) or pizza crust of your choice
- olive oil, for brushing on the dough
- ½ clove of garlic
- ricotta cheese - a few tablespoons per pizza
- shaved red onion
- shaved brussels sprouts
- a few pieces of kale
- pinches of red chile flakes
- grated pecorino cheese
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Toss sweet potato ribbons with a tiny bit of olive oil and salt.
- Brush a little bit of oil on each crust or flatbread and rub it with the open side of a ½ clove of garlic. Top each pizza with a slather of ricotta cheese, a few slices of red onion, a few shaved brussels sprouts, kale and a few ribbons of sweet potato.
- Top generously with grated cheese and bake for about 20 minutes or until the sweet potatoes are tender and cooked through. (tip: check after 15 minutes - if the sweet potatoes are cooking slower than the other veggies (and/or your pizza crust), cover loosely with foil).