- Category: Fast Fabulous Feasts
- Published on Wednesday, 03 February 2016 06:00
- Hits: 1244
Serves 2 | Prep Time: 15 Mins | Cook Time: 5 Mins
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1-inch piece ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/4 onion, quartered
- 1/2 green bell pepper, cut into pieces
- 10 mini dried red chilies (use half of the quantity if your dried chilies are regular or longer size)
- 12-15 big shrimp, shelled, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup roasted peanuts
- 3 stalks scallions, use the white parts only
Kung Pao Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sweet soy sauce, for example: ABC Kecap Manis
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 4 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 3 dashes white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Chinese black vinegar, rice vinegar or Apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
Mix the Kung Pao sauce ingredients and set aside.
Heat up a wok and add the cooking oil until the oil is very hot. Add the ginger and do a few quick stirs. Add the onion, green pepper, and dried red chilies. Stir-fry until you smell the spicy aromas from the dried red chilies. Add in the shrimp and roasted peanuts and keep stirring.
When the shrimp are almost cooked, add the Kung Pao sauce into the wok, keep stirring until the sauce thickens. Add the chopped scallions, do a few quick stirs, dish out and serve hot.